Thursday, November 12, 2009

Day One


I have been researching Raw Food diets for about a year now. I am truly needing to take control of my health and my body. I have gained so much weight, mostly due to medications from being sick, and not being able to exercise because im sick. So... I need to get healthy so that I can get off the meds and exercise! Out of all of the "diets" i have researched, none of them come close to the results I have seen in people then raw food. It also seems very close to the word of wisdom. So... I begin. I have been blessed to have a friend on facebook who lives the raw food way, and she has graciously agreed to help me! My first step, is to give up mt dew. ;( Its going to be hard!!!! But Im going to carry around a big thing of water with me at all times. Im going to take this journey slowly but surely, and will be keeping track of how I feel throughout the process. I cant wait until , 6 months from now, i can look back and think, how could i ever feel that bad???? ;) im being positive!!!!
So for day one, I am going to cut down on soda, research everything i can about raw food, find some more support buddies, and try to get at least two servings of fruits and veggies in!!! ( hey its a start! )Oh, and I will take a before pic, that NO one will see until i am nice and slim and healthy hehehehehe ;)

1 comment:

  1. Great goals. First tip on the Mt. Dew, if nobody else in your household will be offended, don't buy it again once you run out. If there is another Dew drinking member, ask if they will support you in kicking the habit by either joining you or only imbibing outside the home and not in your presence.

    First tip for getting healthy, don't restrict your calories. Make sure you are getting at least 1500-2000 a day. If you shortchange yourself, then you'll have a harder battle with the cravings.

    I'm looking forward to watching the transformation unfold.

    Hugs,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete